This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: msmtp depends on Gnome!?
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Stephen Paul Carrier <carrier at berkeley dot edu>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2018 03:16:54 +0300
- Subject: Re: msmtp depends on Gnome!?
- References: <20180328215009.GB3763@zebra> <610cdfa4-be29-ba03-74e6-842334c33eb8@SystematicSw.ab.ca> <email@example.com> <20180329231106.GA2235@zebra> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20180405235531.GB1926@zebra>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Stephen Paul Carrier!
> On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 02:50:36AM +0300, Andrey Repin wrote:
>> Greetings, Stephen Paul Carrier!
>> > My use case is a sendmail replacement (MTA) to use with cron.
>> > ssmtp does this poorly (and hasn't been maintained since 2009).
>> Please clarify. What does it not do for you, and what needs maintenance?
> It seemed to be losing messages. Maybe that's what non-queueing MTA's
> do if the server doesn't respond.
> But there was no indication of a specific error other than the nonzero exit status.
ssmtp (so does msmtp) is supposed to be used with reliable uplink. I.e. a
container host, that runs postfix or other full-blown MTA, where containers
can run simple ssmtp to sink mail to the host queue.
> And msmtp is a Cygwin package and should have
> realistic dependencies.
Nobody said to the contrary.
With best regards,
Friday, April 6, 2018 03:09:26
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple