This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin1.dll version 2.10 not handling Unicode as well as ver 1.7
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Allan Fernandes <fernandes dot a dot allan at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2018 02:06:10 +0300
- Subject: Re: cygwin1.dll version 2.10 not handling Unicode as well as ver 1.7
- References: <CAPZ2AGRDdr-9T+n2Bg8woWy_qh=9H9DB2oXTuFO5=6Dqfrz6ZQ@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Allan Fernandes!
> I am using cygwin1.dll (windows 7) and running a batch file (Abc.Bat) code
> given below with observation messages.
> cygwin1.dll (ver 1.7)+Rdiff.exe handles Unicode but does not handle UNC
> cygwin1.dll (ver 2.10)+Rdiff.exe does not handle Unicode but handles UNC
It's not cygwin1.dll, it's rdiff.
> No error messages are given except for last line ver 1.7 says (No such file
> or directory)
> *chcp 65001*
> *type "العَرَبِيَّة.txt" (works with 1.7 and 2.10)*
> *type "\\Mach\D\العَرَبِيَّة.txt" (works with 1.7 and 2.10) *
> *rdiff -b 10240 signature "العَرَبِيَّة.Zip" "العَرَبِيَّة.Sig" (works
> with 1.7, does not work with 2.10) *
> *rdiff -b 10240 signature "\\Mach\D\العَرَبِيَّة.Zip"
> "\\Mach\D\العَرَبِيَّة.Sig" (does not work with 1.7 nor 2.10) *
> *rdiff -b 10240 signature "\\Mach\D\Simple.txt" "\\Mach\D\Simple.Sig"
> (works with 2.10, does nor work with 1.7) *
If a program does its own mangling of file paths, stuff like this is bound to
happen. For best interoperability with Windows paths, you have to wrap Cygwin
tools using cygpath utility.
With best regards,
Sunday, April 8, 2018 02:04:31
Sorry for my terrible english...