This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: "setup-x86 --quiet-mode" problems
- From: Brian Inglis <Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 17:28:42 -0600
- Subject: Re: "setup-x86 --quiet-mode" problems
- References: <20180419163128.GA7093@rus.uni-stuttgart.de>
- Reply-to: Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca
On 2018-04-19 10:31, Ulli Horlacher wrote:
> I have an update script which calls "setup-x86 --quiet-mode".
> So far, this works great, but now it tries to install a new mintty.exe,
> but one mintty still running (where I started setup-x86), so setup-x86
> kills this process... and setup-x86.exe is killed, too, which resulted in
> a damaged cygwin installation :-(
> I was able to fix it by running setup-x86.exe via Windows Explorer (puhhhh!).
> How can I avoid this kind of problem in the future?
> I tried it with:
> setup-x86 --quiet-mode &
> sleep 1
> kill -9 $PPID
> But setup-x86 was killed again, too.
cygstart .../setup-x86 --quiet-mode ... && sleep 1 && kill -9 $$ $PPID
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple