This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Error no 2 ,3
- From: Brian Inglis <Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2018 08:54:53 -0600
- Subject: Re: Error no 2 ,3
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca
On 2018-04-21 01:21, Geetakshi Kandpal wrote:
> 1. I've already installed cygwin and NS2 software successfully but as soon
> as I give the command 'startx' in the cygwin shell , I get error no 2 and 3.
> (Unable to connect to X server.)
Install a local X server by selecting and installing xinit and cygwin-x-doc
packages, while upgrading Cygwin as explained below, and at:
> 2. Also at the beginning it says 'couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please
> report this problem to the public mailing list email@example.com'.
This is just a warning to please upgrade Cygwin as explained at:
and please report the issue to whoever distributes the software you are using.
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple