This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: odd behavior(bug?) during run of setup
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: L A Walsh <cygwin at tlinx dot org>
- Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 12:24:24 +0100
- Subject: Re: odd behavior(bug?) during run of setup
- References: <5AE28B9C.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
On 27/04/2018 03:31, L A Walsh wrote:
When running setup -- a few time have gotten an error saying that it
couldn't create /llvm-objdump.exe.stackdump
Thanks for reporting this.
Giving the actual error you see, rather than "an error" would be helpful.
Attaching the setup log file would also be helpful.
I looked, and there is no such file in the root dir, so I traced it
with process monitor and first saw it try to
CreateFile C:\llvm-objdump.exe.stackdump (Name not found)
CreateFile C: ACCESS DENIED.
Since that's the only ref to llvm-objdump.exe.stackdump and
the only place with an access denied right after it, I suspect
that's where the error is coming from.
So for some reason it seems to be trying to create a
stackdump, but first it's trying to create the hard drive
Told it to ignore -- and setup went on an finish w/no further probs.
So maybe there was a stackdump during setup and it
tried to create the dir that is topmost?
This looks like a packaging hiccup with clang:
I think you can safely ignore this error, for the moment.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple