Re: find_fast_cwd WARNING

On 2018-05-05 12:10, Maxime M wrote:
> This is very strange, I downloaded johntheripper from the official website
> and I get this error:
> 1 [main] john 10244 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD
> pointer.  Please report this problem to
> the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com
>
> Cygwin was not installed on my pc.

JohnTheRipper includes an old Cygwin version as part of its install, that has
not been updated to support your current Windows version. We have had a number
of these reports this last week.

This is just a warning to please upgrade Cygwin as explained at:

	https://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-find_fast_cwd-warnings

and please report the issue to whoever distributes the software that installed
the old Cygwin version.