Re: normal to blue-screen windows when doing 'ls -CF' of /proc/sys/GLOBAL?? (bug? cygcheck attached)

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 01:54 PM, L A Walsh <cygwin@tlinx.org> wrote:
> Very wierd.  It triggers so fast, and whatever is causing it, likely
> happens on a probe by 'ls' before ls even displays any output.
>
> I 'can' go into the same directory and do a "echo *" (or better,
> printf "%s\n" *  --- and that doesn't trigger it.
>
> I think I also triggered it once with 'tree'.  Very annoying.

You could try writing a small C program that does a readdir of that
directory and lstat of each file in it, logging what it's about to do
before each step. That would let you narrow down which entry is
triggering it, if that is indeed the cause.

I think Michel LaBarre's suggestion of running chkdsk and sfc is a
good one; strace also might help.