This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Help with C clearenv and setenv
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Eric Blake <eblake at redhat dot com>, sam dot habiel at gmail dot com
- Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2018 15:39:44 -0400
- Subject: Re: Help with C clearenv and setenv
- References: <CABHT962nB5jK2sNP9jGaVEbWGrvD72hBVN_q6xX9TKuq3yQ0Gg@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com>
On 5/31/2018 9:43 AM, Eric Blake wrote:
On 05/30/2018 09:48 AM, Sam Habiel wrote:
I have code for a database I am porting to Cygwin.
Part of that code is a clearenv() then a couple of setenvs. There is
an ifdef for Cygwin, as it doesn't implement clearenv.
It wouldn't be hard to implement clearenv() for a future release of
Cygwin, at least for a version that leaves environ pointing to a
1-element array containing NULL. A bit more effort and we could
probably also support glibc's notion of environ==NULL being shorthand
for an empty environment;
I've attempted to do this:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple