Re: xterm / Windows 10 question

On 2018-06-05 10:47, Matt Nicholas wrote:

I recently obtained a Dell Precision laptop running Windows 10.
I installed 64-bit Cygwin, including various packages that are not part of
the minimal install.

The problem I'm having is that when I type single quote or double quote
characters in the xterm window, no character appears with the first
keystroke.
This may be an issue with the input method configured for the keyboard.  You can toggle this with  <Windows Key>+<space>.  Many Dell machines are configured to use the US-international keyboard that encodes "<char> to an umlaut, so "e to ë and so on.  As a monlingual Aussie I find the plain "US Keyboard" has fewer surprises.