Re: running self compiled 32 bit binary on 64 bit Windows?

Greetings, Ulli Horlacher!

>> 2.) Do a Cygwin build and copy cygwin1.dll

> I already have a /usr/bin/cygwin1.dll on the Windows 8 target system.

It's a wrong architecture. You need a 32-bit one for your 32-bit program.

> Do I have to replace it?

No.
Just build a 64-bit version of your program.

>> 3.) Do a Cygwin build and install a matching cygwin on the destination
>> machine in case you need not just a posix compliant C environment, but
>> also a bash or other Unix tools

> This is what I first did:
> Transfered the 32 bit cygwin with my self compiled binaries

You have to install Cygwin, not "transfer".

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...