Re: running self compiled 32 bit binary on 64 bit Windows?

Ulli Horlacher writes:
> I have compiled the application with gcc from cygwin.

You've compiled with the native compiler on a 32bit Cygwin, producing a
32bit Cygwin executable.

> It runs without problems on Windows 7 32 bit but on Windows 8 64 bit it
> does not output ANYTHING. No (error) message, nothing.

You will either need to compile natively as a 64bit Cygwin executable,
cross-compile to 64bit Cygwin, or target another cross-compiler at
Windows 64bit or 32bit executables as you deem appropriate.  In all
cases any required runtime DLL need to be provided in the correct format
as well.

> How can I debug it?

There is nothing to debug, this is simply not supposed to work.  Before
you ask, it doesn't work on Windows either (with 32bit Windows
applications) unless the WoW64 subsystem is installed (it _almost_
always is, except in Core and Nano) nor would it work on Linux unless
the 32bit loaders and libraries are installed.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: