Re: xterm / Windows 10 question

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the additional comments.

The two keyboard layouts that are installed are "ENG US" and "ENG INTL".
(These are the two I see when I toggle through them using <Windows
Key>+space.)

I just rebooted the laptop and did not observe the problem with xterm
windows that prompted my initial post.  I suppose this all makes sense
based on the fact that xterm windows use the layout that was in effect when
the X Server was started.  I.e., you can't subsequently change the behavior
of xterm by selecting a different layout using <Windows Key>+space.  (At
that point can use "setxkbmap us".)

My understanding at this point is that the only thing necessary is to make
sure the desired layout (in my case "ENG US") is selected before starting
the X Server.

--- Matt