Re: [bug: csih] Setting privileged rights to cyg_server fails on Windows 7.

On Jun 14 19:29, Takashi Yano wrote:
> Hi Corinna,
>
> On Thu, 14 Jun 2018 11:16:42 +0200
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > Thank you, too.  I pushed the patch and will release a new csih package
> > soon.
>
> I read the discussion in the past pointed by Shaddy.
>
> On Thu, 14 Jun 2018 11:29:40 +1000
> Shaddy Baddah wrote:
> > https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2017-01/msg00233.html
> > https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2017-01/msg00283.html
>
> My understanding is that if "Run as administrator" is used,
> LOGONSERVER is not set even if the machine is on a domain.
>
> Therefore it is hard to judge if the machine is on a domain
> or not when LOGONSERVER is not set.

Actually, I just tested this on a domain member machine.

1) I'm logged in with an administrative domain account.  If I open
   a shell with "run as administrator", LOGONSERVER is set correctly.

2) I'm logged in with a non-admin domain account.  If I open a
   shell with "run as administrator", enter credentials for the
   above domain admin account, LOGONSERVER is set correctly.

3) I'm logged in with a non-admin domain account.  If I open a
   shell with "run as administrator", enter credentials for the
   domain's "Administrator" account, LOGONSERVER is *not* set.

4) I'm logged in with a non-admin domain account.  If I open a
   shell with "run as administrator", enter credentials for the
   local machine's "Administrator" account, LOGONSERVER is *not*
   set.

I think this is a bug, but looks like we have to live with that.
Alternatively we could check for $USERDOMAIN, perhaps.  This seems
to be set correctly in all scenarios.

Corinna

Red Hat