This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: 2.10.0: Cygwin now can not work well with a file in dos format.
- From: "Soegtrop, Michael" <michael dot soegtrop at intel dot com>
- To: tuyanyi <tuyanyi at 163 dot com>, cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 15:11:23 +0000
- Subject: RE: 2.10.0: Cygwin now can not work well with a file in dos format.
- References: <2bfeabde.39a8.16403e31153.Coremail.email@example.com>
what has been changed in sed and awk is handling of carriage returns. The sed and awk of older Cygwin version strip \r from the input. Newer versions behave like the same tools on Linux and don't strip CR. This is documented in the release notes, intended behavior and has been discussed quite extensively on the list (I complained about the same issue some-time last year).
The options you have is either to strip the \r characters away first (e.g. using tr) or to compile old versions of awk and/or sed from sources.
Intel Deutschland GmbH
Registered Address: Am Campeon 10-12, 85579 Neubiberg, Germany
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Christian Lamprechter
Chairperson of the Supervisory Board: Nicole Lau
Registered Office: Munich
Commercial Register: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 186928
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple