Re: Unexpected behavior of ~ when calling bash from a different cygwin installation

On 6/15/2018 3:32 PM, Soegtrop, Michael wrote:
Dear Cygwin Users,

I got it, I just have to clear the HOME variable before.

But I have a few more observations on this:

the FAQ (section 4.20) state that the root path for the mount table depends on the path of the cygwin1.dll, to which an executable is linked. This doesn't seem to be the case. E.g. when I do

* start a bash via C:\bin\cygwinA\cygwin.bat
* cd to /cygdrive/c/bin/cygwinB/bin
* ./bash

The first and the second bash have both /=C:\bin\cygwinA although SysInternals ProcExplorer clearly shows that the second bash loads the cygwin1.dll from C:\bin\cygwinB and not from C:\bin\cygwinA. Is there some description on how the path mapping really works?

this is due to the preference given by Windows to load dll's from the
same directory where the program is resident instead of using the
ones in the PATH

I have the same issue when testing a new version of
GraphicsMagick perl interface

The perl program located in /usr/bin will alway use the installed
GM dll's  in the same directory instead of the new one I am trying
to test.

Regards
Marco