Re: Automatically populate resolv.conf when new DNS is acquired

On 2018-06-27 03:31, john doe wrote:
> Good morning  Brian, bottom posting.
> By Windows Admin you mean "Windows Admin Center"?

Line wrapped - Windows Admin Tools - on W10 - or search for event (log) viewer

> I'm using Cygwin on a laptop (win 7 pro) and sadly, if I'm not mistaking,
> "Windows Admin" is not available on non-server platform.

May be Administrative Tools on W7

> If I can't find a way to determine when my DNS changes I can clearly emulate
> an hourly cron job by using "task scheduler".

If you're using DHCP it could potentially change when your lease expires,
sometimes a couple of days, (depends on your router settings or ISP: my external
IP changes every few months, internal and DNS never) or if on WiFi, when you
connect to a new AP.