This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin Digest 25 Jun 2018 00:46:06 -0000 Issue 10882 - virus alert
- From: David Stacey <drstacey at tiscali dot co dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 17:09:20 +0100
- Subject: Re: cygwin Digest 25 Jun 2018 00:46:06 -0000 Issue 10882 - virus alert
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 30/06/18 13:19, Richard Watt wrote:
Did anyone else get a virus warning from the cygwin Digest 25 Jun 2018
00:46:06 -0000 Issue 10882?
It's an unsolicited invoice from someone you've never heard of. Of
course it's malware :-)
It's an attachment to this post , compressed with gzip. The
compressed version passes through VirusTotal cleanly. If you unpack the
file, though, you discover that it isn't a PDF at all (surprise,
surprise) but a .NET executable. And quite a few anti-virus tools flag
it as something unpleasant .
 - https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2018-06/msg00264.html
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple