Re: Fork issue on W10 WOW

Am 30.06.2018 um 22:47 schrieb Ken Brown:
On 6/30/2018 11:52 AM, Marco Atzeri wrote:
Hi,
on a new W10 HP Laptop, the 32 bit installation always fails
on postinstallation scripts that use perl.

The outcome is like:

$ ./texlive-collection-formatsextra.sh
       1 [main] perl 1796 child_info_fork::abort: address space needed by 'Encode.dll' (0x2620000) is already occupied
Can't fork, trying again in 5 seconds at /usr/bin/fmtutil line 73.

[...]
Until I have the 32bit running I can not deploy any new package, as the previous W7 is retired.

I've never had this problem with my own 32bit installation on W10, but I just reproduced it by doing a new installation with your list of packages.  Have you tried just installing a minimal list of packages that you need for building the packages you maintain?

partially tried, and the minimal installation was fine.

Alternatively, you might work around the problem by first doing a base install, then installing your texlive-collection-* packages, and then installing everything else.  I just tested this with your list of packages, and it worked for me.

I will give a try to this sequence.

Ken

Thanks for your experiment
Marco