Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mintty 2.9.0

Am 04.07.2018 um 01:40 schrieb Andrey Repin:
Greetings, Thomas Wolff!

Am 03.07.2018 um 19:56 schrieb Achim Gratz:
Thomas Wolff writes:
... the assumption is that tmux sends it on purpose, so
the blame is on tmux :/
Not tmux, what you need to blame is the terminfo entry for
screen-256color again, specifically the cursor_normal variable.  There
are a bunch of other terminals using the same sequences though.  But I
need to set the terminal to this exact string or colors inside screen
(e.g. Emacs) don't work correctly (it falls back to some lower number of
colors and gets completely illegible with the default theme).  Anyway,
since I already needed to patch the stupid italics/bold swap in that
terminfo entry, I just patched out this bit of nonsense as well.
As I cannot reproduce the exact scenario, I don't see yet where/how you
set TERM=screen-256color and when the cursor would switch.
Also I notice that the xterm-256color entry is missing the Co entry
(which is likely what you want), strange.
I have this stuff in my .screenrc

term "screen-256color"
termcapinfo *-256color* 'Co#256:AB=\E[48;5;%dm:AF=\E[38;5;%dm'
defbce on
altscreen on
Although I see the 34 mode in terminfo, I still cannot reproduce the cursor switching behaviour, neither with this .screenrc, nor with a .tmux.conf with 'set-option default-terminal screen-256color'.
According to TERM=screen-256color infocmp -1|grep 34
        cnorm=\E[34h\E[?25h,
        cvvis=\E[34l,
the cursor could be turned into an underline when "cursor_normal" mode is restored, i.e. when a screen application terminates.
But which application does actually send the cnorm sequence?
Thomas