Re: Unattended upgrade does not report errors via the exit code

On 04/07/18 19:59, Ken Brown wrote:
On 7/3/2018 1:55 PM, R. Diez via cygwin wrote:
I tried printing $? from a Cygwin shell afterwards, and %ERRORLEVEL% in a Windows console, and it always showed an exit status of 0.

setup is a Windows program, not a Cygwin application, so I don't think you can expect $? to contain its exit status.  I don't know enough about Windows programming to know what would have to be changed in the setup sources to support %ERRORLEVEL%.

%ERRORLEVEL% is the return code from the last programme or script to execute. Provided that setup exits with zero on success and non-zero on an error condition, there's nothing extra to be done.

Dave.