Re: /lib/debug/usr/bin/cygwin1.dbg ?

On 08/07/18 18:45, Ulli Horlacher wrote:
I am really short of disk space and I am looking for files I can
delete without trouble.

/lib/debug/usr/bin/cygwin1.dbg has 24 MB. Does cygwin really need it or is
it just for debugging purposes, in which case I could delete it?

The best way to do this is to launch Cygwin's 'setup' application and remove any packages that you don't need. Deleting any 'debuginfo' packages that you don't need will recover the most drive space, without affecting functionality too much.

I already have deleted /usr/share/doc/gtk3/ChangeLog with 14 MB...

It's better to remove packages using Cygwin's 'setup' rather than arbitrarily deleting files...

Dave.