Stubborn ghostscript 9.19 not upgrading to 9.23

Hello!

I got into this problem that ghostscript refuses to upgrade.

If I try to run a rtf2ps.sh I used to do frequently, I'm getting this:

Looking for the error I see somebody mentioning it should be under /usr/share/gs/*. I have only /usr/share/ghostscript/*, and it looks like the same. Therein, I have 9.19 and 9.23 directories, which suggests there's some leftovers from 9.19. Yet, if I try to find the missing file (gs_init.ps), I get it within the 9.23 tree. Then it /should/ be good.

Then, moved to /usr/bin and:

$ ./gs --version
9.19
$ ls /usr/share/ghostscript/
9.19  9.23  fonts

I closed all cygwin terminals, checked up whether no cygwin process was running, and performed a reinstall of the ghostscript package. It reads 9.23 in setup_x86_64.exe, so I left a little confuse as to why it is not getting updated... maybe the package is nuts? Double checked, gs.exe process is not running nor stuck.

Any ideas about what's going on here? :) I would prefer to be able to fully upgrade the package, but if the only way is to keep the old one or do some hacky symlinks, I guess I would need to live with that. :(