distributing preconfigured cygwin (was: running self compiled 32 bit binary on 64 bit Windows?)

On Sat 2018-07-14 (16:31), Achim Gratz wrote:

> >> You have to install Cygwin, not "transfer".
> >
> > I have several 100 users, none of them is able to install cygwin and
> > the packages they need the official way, they are way to *CENSORED* for
> > this job :-}
>
> If they can follow your current instructions, they can surely start some
> script that does this correctly?

I do not have a script which installs all needed packages.

> > I give them my preconfigured cygwin.zip (or cygwin64.zip) and tell them to
> > unpack it in C:\
> >
> > http://fex.belwue.de/usecases/cygwin.html
>
> Whatever you call it, it's still cludgey nonsense that might or might
> not work.  Only when it's not working your users will really be unable
> to figure out what to do since they won't even know what is failing.

So far, it has worked for all my users. No one is complaining.

> script that calls setup to install it and any other packages you need
> (if not already installed by way of dependency).  Setup can deal with
> multiple package repositories, so you can use one of the official
> mirrors as the primary package repository and only provide your package
> as an add-on repository (like cygwin ports does).

How do I write such a script?
Is there documentation/examples about this?

This install script must first download the cygwin base package, install
it and then run setup with all needed cygwin packages.
But at the very beginning, I do not have a shell at all?

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Server und Virtualisierung
Rechenzentrum TIK