maybe partial sol: Re: problem with X11 auto-window placement: far away, and now under other windows

L A Walsh wrote:
latest one:
But now have a new degradation: the windows pop-under existing windows,
and trigger the task bar sliding open from the left -- both obscuring
and often preventing access to the wanted window!
----
***maybe*** have this one solved...my alert count on my desktop had increased from 0 to 7(!)....tried putting it back at 0 and window
seems to come up on top...

A few settings seem to have strange values, so gonna have to go find some old registry archives and see if I can see anything else that might
have changed as well...