Re: [Bug] __wait_status_to_int() is expected to be a macro

Apologies for reviving an old thread, but I ran into the same problem today.
Is there any chance we could have a macro-only '__wait_status_to_int' in
Cygwin 2.11.0, please?

Here's the glibc approach:

https://sourceware.org/git/?p=glibc.git;a=commit;h=b49ab5f4503f36dcbf43f821f817da66b2931fe6

So glibc/Linux doesn't provide `union wait' at all since 2016.

I'm inclined to do the same.  Thoughts?

Makes sense to me. It's a non-portable type, and if glibc is no longer providing union wait and no one is complaining about their stuff not compiling there, then it's hard to argue what Cygwin apps need the type to stick around.

--
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.           +1-919-301-3266