Re: speeding up a paste operation

On 8/25/18, wrote:
> Am 25.08.2018 um 02:10 schrieb Lee:

>>> There's a utility called getclip which put the clipboard onto stdout.
>>> Direct that into a file and you should get the same result, excluding
>>> Vim's indentation.  Probably doesn't use the tty in anyway.
>>
>> Is getclip different from
>>    cat > /tmp/hosts
>>    <right-click to paste in the 1M lines>
>
> Of course it is,

Are there cygwin man pages or package descriptions somewhere?
I did a search on "getclip site:cygwin.com" and didn't see anything
that looked like a description.

> it goes through the terminal and the pty. Both are
> shortcut if you copy from /dev/clipboard, using either cat or cp.

ok... searched for 'cygwin getclip' and found
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1322594/cygwin-command-to-copy-to-windows-clipboard
  The advantage of getclip/putclip over /dev/clipboard is that the
former have options to convert between unix and dos line endings.

so I do need to take a look at getclip :)

Thanks
Lee