WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer.

Hello,

I just received the error message "WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD
pointer. Please report this problem to the public mailing list
cygwin@cygwin.com"

So I'm just here following instructions.

I usually operate git from the terminal in RStudio, and for some reason
that is also not functioning (and returning the same error message).

So this error message is coming up using RStudio terminal and windows
command prompt, and for some reason I can't access git from Rstudio
terminal (but can from windows command prompt)

Thanks
--
Elizabeth Carter

PhD Candidate
Steinschneider Lab <https://blogs.cornell.edu/steinschneider/>
Biological and Environmental Engineering
325 Riley Robb
Cornell University
(413)834-3757