Re: pinentry-curses not available?

> I see from [1] that pinentry-w32 exists which is a replacement for
> pinentry-curses which was in [2].

pinentry-w32 works great, but it requires you to be logged in to the
GUI, and _then_ invoke gpg-agent, in order for things to work.  And
you need to do this every time the pin times out.  Obviously not the
end of the world, but having a console one is much nicer, because it
works over an ssh connection.
On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 4:21 PM cyg Simple <cygsimple@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/2/2018 3:47 PM, David Dombrowsky wrote:
> > I don't see a way to download `pinentry-curses` or `pinentry-tty` for
> > use with `gpg-agent` (using gnupg v2).  Are these not maintained?  Or
> > am I just looking at the wrong sources?
> >
> > In any case, I got pinentry-1.1.0 to compile against a cygwin-supplied
> > version of ncurses, and it mostly works (you still need to tell it to
> > not detach from the tty, not sure what's up with that).  This is very
> > useful when signing git commits, and removing the need for a graphical
> > console just to input my gpg passphrase.
>
> I see from [1] that pinentry-w32 exists which is a replacement for
> pinentry-curses which was in [2].  Now both of these are version 1.0.0.
> Based on [3] Marco Atzeri can give or point to reasoning.
>
> [1]
> https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-cat.cgi?file=x86_64%2Fpinentry%2Fpinentry-1.0.0-2&grep=pinentry
> [2]
> https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-cat.cgi?file=x86_64%2Fpinentry%2Fpinentry-1.0.0-1&grep=pinentry
> [3] https://cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint
>
> --
> cyg Simple
>
> --

David Dombrowsky, Senior Software Engineer
email: davek@6thstreetradio.org
Cell: 518-374-3204
https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-dombrowsky-94334415
http://6thstreetradio.org/