update request for whois

Could we get an update to whois? 5.4.0 was released a couple weeks ago, 5.3.2 back in July.
ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/w/whois

The current package of  5.2.10 was released > 3 years ago:
https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-announce/2015-09/msg00052.html

There are a couple significant issues with 5.2.10.
1. requires 2 lookups to get to the thick record,. this was reported before - https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2017-08/msg00225.html
2. .com queries almost always return an exit code of 1 upon success.
https://github.com/rfc1036/whois/issues/54 , also #s 55,56,57

As an aside, I don't know if I would title it "whois: GNU Whois (installed binaries and support files)" since "GNU whois" seems to be something named jwhois, which is a whole different dead-end of a project that hasn't been updated in over a decade. And the author doesn't identify it as "GNU whois", even though he releases it under gpl2.

Cheers!