Re: mintty slow refresh rate over RDP

On 11/26/2018 12:20 PM, David Dombrowsky wrote:
mintty is the only non-X11 terminal emulator in the stack, correct?
---
	I find best results hosting the GUI (the window of
the TTY) on the local machine, and only transfering the data
(the txt of the ssh session).

	On of the features you might want to use for your situation,
though, is make sure "jump-scroll" is turned on if it is not.
Otherwise any terminal program might take a very long time to catch
up.  It really is an expensive operation to scroll text on a remote
machine.  Early HW terminals and PC screens used special hardware
to perform scrolling at fast speed.  Performing a smooth scroll
via bit-moves of memory would be VERY painful on older machines
or current machines using a slow-enough remote interface.

Try running xterm locally and make sure TERM is set correctly on the remote machine and I think you may be happier
with the performance and "feel"...