Re: pthread_cond_timedwait with setclock(CLOCK_MONOTONIC) times out early

On Dec  1 08:49, Brian Inglis wrote:
> On 2018-12-01 02:53, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > On Nov 30 21:27, Brian Inglis wrote:
> >> $ head /{etc,usr/lib}/os-release
> >> ==> /etc/os-release <==
> >> PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)"
> >> NAME="Debian GNU/Linux"
> >> VERSION_ID="9"
> >> VERSION="9 (stretch)"
> >> ID=debian
> >> HOME_URL="https://www.debian.org/";
> >> SUPPORT_URL="https://www.debian.org/support";
> >> BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.debian.org/";
> >>
> >> ==> /usr/lib/os-release <==
> >> ... [same]
> >>
> >> Could also be supported under Cygwin:
> >
> > We don't have OS releases.  Every component in Cygwin has its own
> > release cycle and the version number of the Cygwin DLL is *not* a
> > os release number.  What sense would this file have for us?
>
> Cygwin to me is a Unix package distro which provides bits and flavours of POSIX,
> Linux, and BSD userlands and APIs, that happens to be based on top of Windows,
> and provides extensive functionality and interoperability with and under that
> environment, which makes it easier working for or in many orgs and with most
> users and systems.
>
> The Cygwin release is similar to Linux kernel versions, which may vary
> independent of distros and releases, but is also similar to distro releases like
> Debian 10 Buster or Ubuntu 19 Disco Dingo, which mark the time and progress e.g.
> 1.0 (RTM), 1.5 (Legacy), 1.7 (No9x/IPv6/LSA/charsets/IPC), 2.0 (NoPasswd), 2.5.2
> (LastXP), 2.6 (PostXP/Locales), 2.10 (NoKR/ssp/FORTIFY), ... in somewhat
> arbitrary steps.

But this is all Cygwin DLL version.  Nothing of that is related to
any kind of distro version number.  All other packages have their
own, entirely disconnected rolling release cycle.

If you like you can provide an os-release package with this file.
However, it would be kind of static:

  NAME=Cygwin
  VERSION="42"
  ID=cygwin