Re: Exclude System entries with "ls" or "find"

On Dec 19 08:29, Eliot Moss wrote:
> On 12/19/2018 7:10 AM, Andrey Repin wrote:
> > Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!
> >
> > > Bottom line is, if you want to handle DOS attributes in a special way
> > > not covered by our POSIX emulation, user space has to do it.
> >
> > Can something be implemented around getfattr to serve this use case in a more
> > POSIX'y way?
>
> I was not previously much aware of get/setfattr, but I agree that that looks
> like a possible way to provide access to the Windows SYS attribute and friends.
> Not that I am that familiar with details of what NTFS, etc., provide, getfattr
> may be a way to provide access to additional attributes / facts about files
> (paths, generally) as well.  Sounds like it would not be too hard to support
> access to the basic attributes this way.
>
> I suspect the general response will be PTC, though!  :-)

Not only that.  attr is an upstream package, so you would have to
convince the upstream maintainers to take your patches, ideally.

attr is for handling of extended attributes, quite different from
DOS attributes.  I doubt that DOS attribs fit in there.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Maintainer