Re: sshd privsep user still required?

On Jan 16 15:31, Bill Stewart wrote:
> I installed the OpenSSH server as a service using ssh-host-config, and all
> is working.
>
> I'm running Windows 10 (1803).
>
> I renamed the sshd privilege separation (privsep) account to something else
> and restarted the sshd service.
>
> Everything still works - no errors.
>
> Is the sshd disabled user account still required?

No, actually it isn't.  These days the sshd server checks if the
the privsep chrrot environment should be used and that the process
is started under "root:root".  This never matches under Cygwin so
we could drop the sshd user requirement.

Patches to the installer script are very welcome.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Maintainer