Re: Flask app no longer working from cygwin when set to developer mode

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 9:45 PM Maxim Kupfer wrote:

> This problem occurred immediately after attempting to run my python flask app in the backround (i.e $python app.py &)
>
> It gave me the following error:
> 2 [main] python3.6m 11340 child_info_fork::abort: unable to remap _lbfgsb.cpython-36m-x86_64-cygwin.dll to same address as parent (0x4930000) - try running rebaseall
>
> I've tried rebasing and restarting, but both didn't fix anything. The app works fine when it is not in developer mode, but then I don't get hot reloading. The app also works from my windows command line, so that is my temporary fix for now, but I would love to get my precious Cygwin setup up an running again.
>
> Thanks for the help!

Are you by any chance using a virtualenv or something like that?  It
looks like your app is using some compiled extension modules. I'm not
sure exactly where _lbfgsb.*.dll comes from--possibly Numpy or Scipy?
It's never been entirely clear to me exactly how rebase searches for
files, but I think by default it might only take into account DLLs
installed by Cygwin packages.  So if you have some DLLs in a
virtualenv, for example, you have to manually include them.  I'll
typically do something like:

    $ find path/to/virtualenv -type f -name '*.dll' -print > dlls-to-rebase.txt
    $ rebase -O -T dlls-to-rebase.txt