Re: Getting error message when launching X-Window apps in Cygwin

> On Feb 9, 2019, at 6:01 PM, L A Walsh wrote:
>
> On 2/9/2019 11:06 AM, Vince Rice wrote:
>>> On Feb 9, 2019, at 8:46 AM, L A Walsh wrote:
>
>> What you think about this is irrelevant.
>
>    Not really.
Yes, really.

>> What I think about this is
>> irrelevant. The only thoughts that matter are the ones of those who
>> manage the list,
> ----
> 	But they only claim to represent the readership.
Nope.

>> and they have said this is a "do not top post" list.
> ---
> 	Oh?...I've talked to legal where this list is hosted, and
> they know nothing about this being an official policy.
I'm not sure who "legal" is or what you think legal has to do with the
running of the list.

>> Others who say "do not top post here" aren't (necessarily) arguing
>> about which is better, they are stating list policy.
> ---
> 	They are repeating what they've heard from
> others who told them who told them who did the same.
No, they're stating list policy. That you want to argue that means you don't
know the list policy.

>> This list is a "do not top post" list. If
>> you want to post here, then don't top post.
>
> I don't top or bottom post, as I trim my quotes.  That's what
> people are supposed to do -- but no one does it, so they tell
> them to be bottom-posters.

Trimming quotes has nothing to do with top or bottom posting.

> 	If you didn't like my post, …
Whether I like it or not is also irrelevant.