This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: sshd: computer name's case must match?
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Bill Stewart <bstewart at iname dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 04:20:56 +0300
- Subject: Re: sshd: computer name's case must match?
- References: <CANV9t=QxA_FW-3OCZuYFJpxrekbO8Yc-WsnxGLiyc0Bqz=fPUw@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Bill Stewart!
> I am testing sshd using the cygwin1.dll 3.x version (run as SYSTEM -
> S4U logon - works great!).
> One thing I've noticed is that if I use ssh log onto a remote
> domain-joined machine (e.g., connect with COMPUTER+localname), the
> 'COMPUTER' prefix must be uppercase - if I specify
> 'computer+LocalName', the user is unknown.
> This doesn't seem to be the case if I change the username's case -
> 'COMPUTER+localname' also works.
> Is this by design or by accident?
With no authority on the matter I would say that it follows Kerberos domain
names which are written in capital letters.
With best regards,
Wednesday, February 13, 2019 4:19:00
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple