Re: cygrunsrv to have a timeout parameter for service startup

Greetings, Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]!

> It looks like the cygrunsrv utility hardcodes 30 seconds as a maximal time
> for a service to start, then bails out with a failure.

No, 30 seconds is a hard system timeout in which a service must reply with an
appropriate control message to let services.exe know it is ready to continue
startup sequence.

> It would be quite useful (in certain situations) to have a command-line
> parameter (for the -I option) that can specify a service startup timeout,
> longer or shorter than the preset default.

Is there such a feature at all to begin with?
A link to MSDN would suffice.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin