problem with mmap and fork()

Hello everyone,

I have a program (attached) that works correctly on my mac but does
not work with Cygwin on Windows 10. I'm running the latest version of
Cygwin (downloaded the updates two days ago) and using gcc as the c
compiler.

What happens in the buggy execution is that the child obtains a lock
before the parent releases it. I'm using mmap and a pthread_mutex_t
object along with fork(). Again, this exact code works correctly on my
Mac running Mojave.

I've looked at the archives and online and I can't find any hints as
to what I may be doing incorrectly here

Thanks.