can't access remote shares when using ssh with rsa key - passwd -R / set(e)uid / LogonUser is not working as expected

Hi,

I hope I'm mailing the proper mailing list..
I am using password-less ssh login using RSA key to login windows servers from linux.
I've read this article about network shares problems when using RSA key instead password and decided method 2 is most suitable for my case:
https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-setuid-overview

So I ran passwd -R for the relevant user, but still getting 'permission denied' when trying to access network shares.
Tried restarting the ssh service and rebooting the server but it didn't help.

I checked the registry as SYSTEM and I can see my user UID set in the right location.. (at least I think so, cause it doesn't exists in other servers).
So it seems to me like the 'set(e)uid' / 'LogonUser' described in the article doesn't work as expected.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

* Some sensitive data was edited in the cygcheck.out file
* I don't have cygserver installed as a service - I used administrator user and didn't get any errors when running passwd -R

Best regards