This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Request to support wxt terminal ( Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: gnuplot-5.2.6-1)
- From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA <tmacchant2 at yahoo dot co dot jp>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2019 15:01:15 +0900 (JST)
- Subject: Request to support wxt terminal ( Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: gnuplot-5.2.6-1)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=yj20110701; d=yahoo.co.jp; h=Date:From:Reply-To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:References:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=Aoshd/30wK+dzOpF1NYEj/DVm2xh2x1NTIrJ4Q1MZ+xVSwEYnUoiDYa14wBH+udN OUE6l3mFB7NS+E5YEcWqZB8FyJJsA2oo4txMM6P1OS9F6Qj+FrvqJCUJhA3fDuk2OFH hVNETgwgQakC2FPj0iLg9XNnHJ5YEA7Ul7fetA9M=;
- References: <announce.87a7idqk28.fsf@Rainer.invalid>
- Reply-to: Tatsuro MATSUOKA <matsuoka at nuce dot nagoya-u dot ac dot jp>
> From: Achim Gratz
> To: email@example.com
> Date: 2019/3/3, Sun 02:10
> Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: gnuplot-5.2.6-1
> Gnuplot version 5.2.6 is available as a release version on Cygwin now.
> The configuration has changed to not include "backwards compatibility)
> any longer, which removes partial support for deprecated features.
> This build makes use of the new libcerf library package, so gnuplot
> should be able to use all functionality that depends on it.
> *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
> If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
> at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
> Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
> If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
> Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
> starting at this URL.
I am glad to hear that gnuplot-5.2.6 for Cygwin is released.
As an interactive terminal, gnuplot for Cygwin only x11 terminal
but it is old terminal and it was considered to be outdated from gnuplot developers.
For qt terminal, QT5 should be patched but wxt terminal can be implemented using dev tools
implemented in Cygwin.
I ask you to implement wxt terminal gnuplot for Cygwin
Patch indicated below is attached to gnuplot source to avoid ABI mismatch waring between
gnuplot and wxWidgets.
--- a/src/wxterminal/wxt_gui.cpp 2018-03-17 07:26:21.926092000 +0900
+++ b/src/wxterminal/wxt_gui.cpp 2018-03-17 07:28:56.748497600 +0900
@@ -88,7 +88,7 @@
* or multi-threaded operation.
+#define __GXX_ABI_VERSION 1009
/* define DEBUG here to have debugging messages in stderr */
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple