This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin-3 and the Bleeding Edge
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2019 16:29:38 +0000
- Subject: Re: Cygwin-3 and the Bleeding Edge
- References: <152XcDme12976Set.email@example.com>
On 3/4/2019 7:05 AM, KARL BOTTS wrote:
> So: Assume for the moment that the latest git package release on the mirrors,
> has been built against cygwin-3 base. Am I reasonably safe to assume it will
> still work with cygwin-2.11.2? Does this generalize to all, or at least most,
> other packages?
There's no general rule. cygwin-3.0.0 introduced some new APIs. Newly
built packages may or may not make use of these. If they do, they won't
work with an earlier version of cygwin.