This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Best documentation for how to use cygport
- From: Brian Inglis <Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2019 22:44:40 -0700
- Subject: Re: Best documentation for how to use cygport
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca
On 2019-03-06 17:57, James Darnley wrote:
> What's the best documentation to read to understand how to use cygport
> to build packages?
> I am trying to use it to build Lua 5.3 and some modules. I think I
> bashed the Lua 5.2 cygport file into the right shape to build 5.3
> correctly. But I don't know how to use the result of that to build
> other modules that depend on it.
> I need to give gcc and ld the right flags. Do I use package config for
> that? Do I statically define the right flags? Can I import variables
> from the 5.3 cygport file into other cygport files? It doesn't like
> "inherit lua53" at the top so I don't know what to do now.
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
This email may be disturbing to some readers as it contains
too much technical detail. Reader discretion is advised.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple