Re: SSL not required for setup.exe download

Brian Inglis wrote:
On 2019-03-10 10:40, Archie Cobbs wrote:
[...]
In any case, the problem I'm talking about is trivial to verify. Just
start up Chrome or Firefox and enter http://www.cygwin.com. You can
then confirm that (a) the page you are looking at has an http:// URL,
and (b) the link to setup.exe also has an http:// URL. Therefore,
there is no real security in this scenario.

I only get to see https://www.cygwin.com/ YMMV

FWIW, I can reproduce the OP's STC using Chrome, Firefox, and Pale Moon. Not sure why it happens for some folks but not others. But since it does exist for some users, should it be dealt with?

..mark