This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Privilege(s) needed to run top command
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 03:17:08 +0300
- Subject: Re: Privilege(s) needed to run top command
- References: <email@example.com> <87r2bd4003.fsf@Rainer.invalid> <20190311212845.GE3785@calimero.vinschen.de> <87ef7d3x9b.fsf@Rainer.invalid>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Achim Gratz!
> Corinna Vinschen writes:
>> (*) That doesn't mean it's not possible. In theory all Cygwin
>> processes could be opened to allow everyone
>> PROCESS_QUERY_LIMITED_INFORMATION access, which would at least
>> fill most of /proc/<PID>/stat for foreign processes.
>> However, we never did that, so it can't have worked yet.
> Could we make it work under the condition that cygserver is running?
cygserver is not necessarily running with localsystem privileges, though, if
I'm not mistaken.
With best regards,
Tuesday, March 12, 2019 3:16:37
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple