This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: sed end of line
- From: "Soegtrop, Michael" <michael dot soegtrop at intel dot com>
- To: Timo Maier <tam at diotec dot com>, "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2019 10:03:09 +0000
- Subject: RE: sed end of line
- References: <5C8B75AC.firstname.lastname@example.org>
you are mixing a DOS echo which will produce a \r\n line ending with a Cygwin sed which expects \n line endings. The second . matches the \r.
Either work in bash and use Cygwin echo or use a MinGW compile of sed or strip the \r e.g. with tr or maybe match it more explicitly with a \r.
Intel Deutschland GmbH
Registered Address: Am Campeon 10-12, 85579 Neubiberg, Germany
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, , Gary Kershaw
Chairperson of the Supervisory Board: Nicole Lau
Registered Office: Munich
Commercial Register: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 186928