This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: rsync failed after windows 10 update
On 2019-03-16 13:45, Houder wrote:
On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 03:49:27, jwang wrote:
rsync /tmp/test.log /cygdrive/c/temp/
rsync: pipe: Connection timed out (116)
rsync error: error in IPC code (code 14) at pipe.c(122) [sender=3.1.2]
Your PATH definition is exceptionally long ...
- it contains e:\Cywin64\bin twice
- it contains a multitude of "bins", irrelevant to Cygwin
Finding the cause of your problem is an exercise in reducing your
environment to the absolute minimum, required to execute rsync.
I would suggest to (temporarily):
- uninstall librsync2 (it should not interfere w/ rsync, but it
is also not required)
- limit your PATH definition to e:\cygwin64
- i.e. export PATH=/usr/bin, if you are using bash
Sorry, that should be:
(cygdrive, or whatever your prefix is)
as rsync is also dependent on .dll's from the Windows bin ...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple