This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
winsymlinks:nativestrict and Windows 10
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: All <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2019 15:23:58 +0300
- Subject: winsymlinks:nativestrict and Windows 10
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Can someone shed some light, please?
It's not a secret that in earlier Windows versions members of Administrators
group require elevated shell to create symlinks.
Win10 is supposed to be easier, but all I've found was pointing to some
obscure "developer mode".
I wonder if it is possible to add some permission to the account instead and
call it a day?
With best regards,
Tuesday, March 19, 2019 15:19:34
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple