This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: bash does not recognize valid windows path: `bash: 'c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe' /c echo 123: command not found`
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Andry <andry at inbox dot ru>, Andry <andry at inbox dot ru>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 21:44:11 +0300
- Subject: Re: bash does not recognize valid windows path: `bash: 'c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe' /c echo 123: command not found`
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
> If try to replace it by:
> 'c:/windows\system32\cmd.exe' /c echo 123
> Then all works fine.
> I've checked it in the old 1.5.x version and seems this bug is there for ages.
Strictly speaking, Cygwin programs don't have to recognize Windows paths.
Although SOME of them do.
But this specific caveat is interesting.
With best regards,
Wednesday, March 27, 2019 21:42:12
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple