This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Can't create symbolic links in child directories
- From: "Matt D." <codespunk at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 19:24:50 -0400
- Subject: Can't create symbolic links in child directories
- Reply-to: codespunk+cygwin at gmail dot com
> touch a
> ln -s a b
This no longer works:
> touch a
> mkdir b
> ln -s a b/c
ln: failed to create symbolic link 'b/c': No such file or directory
My CYGWIN environment is also configured using "winsymlinks:nativestrict".
I am running the following version (updated today):
CYGWIN_NT-10.0-WOW WORKSTATION 3.0.5(0.338/5/3) 2019-03-31 11:22 i686 Cygwin
I cannot confirm at which point this bug appeared as I updated from some
version prior to 3.0. I am reasonably certain that this has worked
before as I use symbolic links often.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple