Cygwin vs. Native Symlinks

Corinna said:

> ... Which lets symlinking with nativestrict fail. "winsymlinks:native"
> will work, albeit creating a Cygwin symlink then.

I use "winsymlinks:native".  Is there a tool or method with which I can
create a Cygwin symlink by force?  (I doubt I would actually want to:
I just want to know if I can, and to test behavior of a Cygwin symlink.)

Is there a tool which will tell me whether a given symlink is Cygwin or
native?
(The output of both readlink and symlinks looks the same, regardless.)

---
Karl Botts, kdbotts@usa.net